Aalap B. Merchant
Mr. Merchant is a seasoned corporate ﬁnance professional with 15+ years of experience in the financial markets across the US and India. Mr. Merchant comes to Bruderman Brothers with wide ranging experience involving corporate finance advisory, financial consulting, sales and trading and financial operations. Across his career, Mr. Merchant has advised on a multitude of strategic and ﬁnancing transactions, ranging from $60 million to $10+ billion in size, with total transaction value close to $100 billion.
Mr. Merchant was most recently the Head of FinTech coverage at Nomura Securities International where he provided a full spectrum of strategic advisory services to his clients. Mr. Merchant had joined Nomura in 2010 to help establish the Specialty Finance practice in the Americas before transitioning over to build the FinTech practice. Prior to Nomura, Mr. Merchant was at J.P.Morgan Securities where he covered a multitude of sub-sectors across Financial Services.
At Bruderman, Mr. Merchant will be responsible for originating, structuring and executing Investment Banking transactions across multiple industries while working cross-functionally with the firm’s Wealth Management and Merchant Banking divisions.
Mr. Merchant earned an MBA from the Goizueta Business School at Emory University and currently holds Series 79 and 63 licenses.
- Chairman Emeritus John M. Bruderman, Jr., CFA
- Chairman & CEO Matthew J. Bruderman
- Vice Chairman Douglas M. Blagdon Gerard L. Eastman
- Managing Directors Andrew Klein Paul E. Palmeri Ronald G. Lehman Gregory Taft Gerard Matthew Hull Robert H. von Furth Aalap B. Merchant
- Business Development Peter Brandel
- Vice Presidents Daniel E. Jacobson
- Senior Associates Petar Cokleski
- Analyst John Palmeri